The HighPoint SSD7101A is a PCI Express 3.0 x16 card with four M.2 slots on the card. Using the recent Samsung 2TB M.2 SSD cards, it’s possible to install four of them for a RAID0 array of 8TB. Such an array can achieve 16GB/s with fast enough SSD drives.
The card routes each M.2 slot into a couple of lanes and the aggregate RAID function is handled by a controller on the card.
DMI 3.0 is limited to 4 lanes which is why the card is designed for using more lanes. Modern server processors have enough lanes to be able to take advantage of the high performance SSD hardware.
- PCI-Express 3.0 x16
- 4x 2280 M.2 NVMe Ports (Dedicated PCIe 3.0 x4 per M.2 Port)
- 8GT/ 8Gbps per lane
- Up to 4x M.2 NVMe SSD’s (Qualified: Samsung 960 EVO & Pro SSD)
- 8.39” L x 5.00” H x 0.85 D” (full height)
- Windows 10 or later
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
- Linux Kernel 3.3 or later