By now the world knows that Seagate Barracuda 7200 drives, from the world’s premier storage provider, deliver years of reliable service and high performance. This is a product family that has been strengthened and refined over 12 generations. It embodies the highest levels of reliability, performance and capacity. And this latest generation is a leader in storage. The drive is available in capacities of 1 TB and 750 GB with 32-MB cache, 500 GB and 320 GB with 16-MB cache, and 250 GB and 160 GB with 8-MB cache. The Barracuda 7200.12 drive is an ideal choice for workstations, desktop RAID, gaming PCs, high-end PCs, mainstream PCs and USB/ FireWire/eSATA external storage.
The disk we have is a Seagate refurbished model which lasted for 22,611 hours however the actual number of hours is unknown as the disk was set to zero. The disk was provided as a replacement for the ST3500320AS which failed after 24,655 hours. In total the disks provided 47,266 hours.
- 750GB Capacity and 32-MB Cache
- Best-in-class environmental specifications and reliability features
- Adaptive Fly Height offers consistent read/write performance from the beginning to the end of your computing workload.
- Ships with the most reliable and proven perpendicular magnetic recording technology
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- 750GB Capacity and 32-MB Cache. Two Year Warranty
- Best-Fit Applications include desktop PCs, workstations, direct attached external storage devices (DAS),
- Network attached storage devices (NAS), PC-based game systems and home servers
- Offers consistent read/write performance from the beginning to the end of your computing workload.
We used this disk for several years as a boot disk for Windows. It performs very well.
We replaced the disk with a larger capacity model and using this disk as a backup until it failed.